Glenythan Vet Group is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the data controller is Glenythan Vet Group, Polesburn, Methlick or 23 The Square, Ellon.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms online, by telephone or in person. This includes information provided at the time of registering with us, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits including, but not limited to, information that you offer us that we feel may be relevant to your pet’s history and information regarding payment plans.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To make contact with you in regards to any animals you have registered with us including but not limited to vaccine reminders, test results and discussions about your animals medication
- To ensure payment is made within the agreed times
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone e.g. for vet referral purposes
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. .
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.